Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pondering...

Can I ask you guys a question?

I have a quilt that I started a while back and as I have finishitis (defined as the inability to finish anything, usually a craft, undertaken by a "startaholic"), it has languished in its bag, waiting for me to get back to it.  I WILL get back to it, but here is my dilemma:

Our house is small.  We are a messy, part-human, part-canine crew of muddy-foot-bearing creatures.  We leave things on the floor (some of us more than others), we drag things around, we are not careful with our belongings.

I use the terms "we" and "our" lightly, here. 

My question is this: is this quilt going to get destroyed?  Probably.  Will I be angry when that happens?  Probably.  Should I sell it to make some extra money?  Wouldn't hurt.

So, I need to know, Interwebs.  If this quilt is your style, how much would YOU pay for it, hypothetically speaking?  I need to decide what to do with it before I continue putting all sorts of energy into it.



Looking at it now, I fall in love with it, all over again.  Then I get a vision of a dog claw ripping a huge tear in it or all the white patches getting stained with rust-coloured dirty paw prints (yes, my poochachos are allowed up on the bed and no, that's not going to change) and it breaks my heart, a little bit.

Am I crazy to sell this?  Wood will say yes, but I want to know what the rest of you think.  I trust your opinion, as you OBVIOUSLY have great taste (in blogs).  HA!

So, keep and protect with my life and become somewhat obsessive about it or sell and pocket the cash?  And how much would I even get for it, if I did sell it?

4 comments:

  1. I guess if you're that worried about it, I'd vote to sell it, though I have no idea how much to ask. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think you could definitely sell it, but it's so beautiful, I can *totally* understand keeping it! I guess you just make too many pretty things & they're crowding out your house? :)

    Hope your summer is going well, miss you lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I think the price would depend on the amount and type of quilting as well as the size. You could look around on etsy for something similar to help you price it. That's what I do when selling things at our farmer's market. I'd probably keep it folded up out of harms way and get it out for company. Just found your blog and I'm enjoying reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sewbeeit, that's quite helpful. It is actually folded up in an air-tight bin, right now. I don't usually take it out, so that's one of the reasons it has taken so long to finish - it's not sitting around, guilting me into picking it up again.

    ReplyDelete