Sunday, January 16, 2011

So, apparently, there are other things in life besides knitting.

I have finished the Hemlock Ring Blanket for my grandma:



This thing took the concept of blocking to a whole new level.  I didn't think I would ever get the blocking done.  And I know I didn't do a great job with the edges, but I couldn't add any more pins BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MORE!

The blocking of this wiped me out of straight pins.

And it also represented the last of the w.i.p.'s I had going.  I found myself at a loss.  What to do?  I am waiting for my order of KnitPicks needles to arrive so that I can start Ruth and Kenny's socks and my new pullover.  Obviously, they are still in transit.

So, I whined and moped for about 2 minutes and then pulled out the quilt.  Yes, that quilt:




 For the past day and a half, I have been sewing, listening to podcasts, skulking around on Ravelry and sewing.  Which has been a little tricky today, given the shortage of pins around here.  I have exactly 2.5 new strips of quilt to show for it, which is a little pitiful.  Except that I refuse to do the whole craft-guilt thing.

The fact that it took me a whole day to get all the dishes done and I still haven't lifted a finger to vacuum the place?  Yes, that I will allow myself to feel a little guilty about.

1 comment:

  1. ohmy, i am going to love that quilt. it reminds me of the gees bend quilts a little bit. keep posting about your progress as i'd love to see more!

    ReplyDelete