Saturday, March 19, 2011

...and knit moves on

I've been busy.

This past week was a milestone.  I officially had three works-in-progress going on my needles.  That has never happened before.  I am one of those ADHD-afflicted knitters.  If I let myself get seduced by something new, I will completely forget my name in my quest for adventure.  It's pathetic.

So, I usually keep my nose to the grind and crack the whip when I start to feel the wanderlust creep up on me.

But this past week, I threw all my rules out the window.


First, there were Kenny's (never-ending) socks.  Fingering weight yarn, I hate you.

Then this is this improvised tunic I'm knitting out of my stash of Lamb's Pride Worsted.  I was intending to make something entirely different with it, but the wool is really scratchy, so I had to change tactics and knit something I could wear over a base layer.  It is heavily influenced by Cecily's Idlewood, but as I didn't have the right weight of yarn for her pattern, I decided to wing it instead.  I'll keep you apprised of my progress.

And then, there was mystery birthday knitting.  T, don't look:


It was delicious.  Now, it's in the mail.  And my fingers are itching to start something new.

NO!  Evil thoughts BAD!  Must finish endless sock knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment