Monday, February 20, 2012

Ok, ok, I'm almost done talking about it

I know you're sick and tired of hearing about my cousin's baby and how excited I am to send her a bunch of handmade swag for the little guy (oh, didn't I tell you? he has an outtie, apparently! no, he's not born yet, but I guess they checked with the ultrasound thingy and that's the final word.).

But I was packing all the stuff into the box to send it off and I just felt that *something* was missing.  I can't really explain it, except to say that when she opens it up, I want her to really understand how much I love her.  Like, the stuff I made is cute, but it's not totally perfect.  Like, I want it to really reach out and grab her.  Like I wanna make her cry.  Yeah, I want her to bawl when she cracks open the box.  She's pregnant.  It shouldn't be too hard, right?

Does that make me a bad person?  Yes, it does.  I can live with that.

So I got to thinking: what could I add to the (enormous, let's face it) pile of stuff that's coming her way that would make her cry?  It took me a while, but I think I figured it out.



A drawing of her parents' farm (where she grew up and we were her neighbours).  The one her parents had to sell almost 15 years ago.

That'll do it.  Hell, I could barely even keep my own eyes dry while I was drawing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment